Saturday, September 26, 2009

"Wait...you work here for fun?"



After my 4th shift, I've realized it's best to talk as little as possible about myself. I'm not like my coworkers; compared to most of them, I have lived the life of a fairytale princess. Very little happened that needs any sort of explanation, so I'll make a list:

  • I was in charge of 3 tables (movin' on up!).
  • My shift was 6 hours, but my section only saw action 3 times.
  • DGS was hired back and told me her completely guilt-free side of the story. I've come to the conclusion that she was in the wrong for placing a racist stereotype on the table before she even met them and that the table was at fault for simply being comprised of rude people who just happened to be black, causing the incident to explode into a race issue.
  • DGS asked me to grab a drink with her after work. I was intrigued. What on earth would we talk about? It didn't happen.
  • DGC suggested I help her study for her GED. At first I thought she meant GRE, then I remembered where I was.
  • DGC told me she had boy troubles. She asked if she should get back together with her ex who beat her, had a baby with another girl while they were still together, and "ruined my life." Hmm...where...to...begin...?
  • I listened to DGC and DGS discuss and share contact information about their Ed Hardy dealers and the Ed Hardy merchandise for which they have dire needs.
  • My tables left me extremely generous tips--especially this adorable couple that tipped me $15 for their $45 bill. I felt vindicated knowing that when it comes to restaurant patrons, there's no racial template--people's characters just come in different flavors, no matter what they look like. 
  •  

    No comments:

    Post a Comment